Toronto Family Law, and Other Legal Services
Located in heart of Downtown, Hart Legal’s Toronto family law office is just minutes from the bayfront. Our outstanding team of family lawyers work with clients to find the best and most cost-effective solutions for our clients.
Our Toronto Family Law firm is best accessed at the corner of Yonge and Dundas. Enter the mall (there is a H&M) store and look to the right. There is a sign that shows 1 Dundas. Enter and take the elevator up to the 25th floor. Upon arrival, please check in with our friendly receptionist.
Our Toronto law firm has experience in all types of divorce and family law matters from high-equity estate disputes to negotiating prenuptial agreements. But that’s not all, our team of experienced lawyers can help you with:
- Asset & Property Division
- Child Custody and Support
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Divorce (Uncontested vs. Contested)
- Divorce Filing
- Emergency Protection Orders
- Estate Disputes
- Conflict Avoidance (family law only)
- Family Law Arbitration
- Family Services Matters
- International Divorce Issues
- Matrimonial Property Division
- Parental Alienation
- Parenting Time
- Post Nuptial Agreements
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Private Adoptions
- Restraining Orders
- Separation Agreements
- Spousal Support
- Unjust Enrichment
Our law firm is devoted to providing you with unparalleled customer service and attention throughout our relationship. Hart Legal is dedicated to delivering extraordinary results through not only our professional legal services, but with our cutting edge approach to conflict resolution.
We work day and night to surpass your expectations. Our law firm also provides an experience that is not merely transactional, but transformational. Hart Legal wants to be your partner through legal disputes, not just your legal counsel. We’ll work with you to create a strategic, results-focused path to help get the best outcome.
Please call our Toronto Family Law firm to set up your free 30 minute consultation 1 844-618-8080 or text 778—676—3808—
Toronto, Canada’s largest city consists of approximately 38.5% of married couples and 49.8 % of common-law couples according to a 2011 census. These statistics have remained stable in Toronto but have grown drastically across the GTA over the past two decades. The “Greater Toronto Area” consist of four regional municipalities: Halton, Peel, York and Durham.
We are a Toronto Family Law Firm, but We Offer Much More
Hart Legal continues to expand across the GTA providing compassionate, timely, and compelling services. Our team is dedicated to helping one take the most crucial steps in a significant life transition.
What you can expect from our family lawyers:
- We listen and understand
- Support and empower throughout
- Comprehensively review all the options
- Assure understanding of complex legal concepts
To be legally separated, an individual must reside apart from their spouse for at least one year without the prospect of reconciliation. Subsequently, after separation, either party can apply for a divorce.
If the issue does not have to go to litigation, then our family lawyers can create a separation agreement for you. This will be done on a flat fee basis, so that you know exactly how much it will cost. A Separation Agreement will require the following:
- Date of separation
- Child custody/access settlement
- Child support (amount/end date)
- Spousal support (amount/end date – if applicable)
- Measure of equalization (amount owing/by whom)
- Proposal for marital house
- Proposal for shared debts (after separation/before legal divorce)
- Proposal for retirement
Please call one of our Toronto family lawyers today- Toll free- 844-618-8080 or text 778—676—3808 after hours. We offer flat fee options.
In Ontario, there are three different reasons you are allowed to get divorced. These are:
- Being separated for a one year period
- Adultery (cheating)
- Abuse (mental or physical)
Our Toronto family lawyers can help you untie the knot. The main category that our clients use to get divorced is by being separated for a one year period.
If your partner does not agree with you, then we will first try mediation. If that fails, we will sometimes push for arbitration. It is always best to keep things out of the court if possible. If all else fails then we will have to go fight in court.
This is risky because a judge makes a decision that will greatly impact your life (your assets and children.) Litigation is extremely expensive and very emotionally tiring. Dragging your children into the courtroom is never something a parent wants to do. The courthouse is not a friendly place.
For these reasons, most divorces settle in mediation. This is always recommended. Once we have agreed on terms with the other party, our Toronto family lawyers can put together a separation agreement (normally for a flat fee of around $2000.)
How do I get divorced in Ontario?
- You must be able to locate your spouse in order to serve them. This can sometimes be challenging. Our law firm may recommend a private investigator.
- You must have your original government issued Certificate of Marriage or Certified Copy of the Registration of Marriage. You cannot use something that you received by a church. It must be the original.
- You have to have been separated for one year. You may start the divorce proceeding at any time after separation, you do not need to wait a year.
- You or your spouse must have resided in Ontario for at least one year prior to commencing your divorce proceeding.
- If you are looking for a Toronto Family Law Firm, please text us at 778-676-3808 to set up your free consultation.