Darren Hart, Founder / Chief Executive Officer
Legal Education: University of Victoria
Legal Assistants: Carey Davies (Victoria) Chelsie Wandler (Vancouver)
Executive Assistant: Jamie Davies
Watch Darren on CTV’s “Ask An Expert”
Why you should stay married
How to resolve family issues outside the courtroom
Helping Kids through Divorce
What do you do?
I’m the managing partner and main driving force behind HART LEGAL. My goal is to ensure our clients have an exceptional lawyer experience when they retain us. The buck stops with ME.
I’m a trial lawyer who is passionate about finding innovative,
strategic and positive ways to avoid and resolve family conflict.
I recently appeared on America’s Premier Experts, where I was interviewed for my unique and innovative approach to family law.
What are your strengths?
I’m a quick start who can see beyond the “symptoms” of conflict to the “heart of the issue” that is the true cause of the conflict between the parties. I also see possibilities, not obstacles. This enables me to assist my clients in a way that is often transformational for them, leading to a better future.
As trial counsel, I seek what is fair and just. I do not let archaic legal precedent stop my advocacy and have had great success convincing Judges to color outside the lines and do the right thing on many occasions.
What are your recent accomplishments?
- Formulating a business model that has assembled an outstanding team of lawyers, executive managers, and support staff, all of whom are committed to resolving family conflict in such a way that empowers and inspires our clients.
- Persevering in the face of lies and hostility and recovering a stolen inheritance for an estranged son who finally experienced the justice he was due that always seemed so unattainable in the past.
- Against all odds, successfully defending a client who was wrongly accused of parental alienation by a determined and punitive ex-spouse with extremely deep pockets and ensuring that the parties’ children’s best interests were protected.
- Prosecuting and settling a tragic abuse case for a significant sum of money to address a terrible wrong and provide a hopeful future for the victim.
- Racing my 10 year old son around a motocross track without breaking my neck!!!
What drives you?
In a business sense, innovation and the creation of a dynamic work culture that provides a service that is continually improving and evolving for the betterment of our clients and the satisfaction of everyone who works for HART LEGAL.
In a justice sense, I really really really do not like bullies and “bully like” behaviour. I get energized every time I am called upon to help someone stand up to a bully.
In a personal sense, building strong and healthy relationships with like-minded people who want to change the world.