Gurinder Bains, Associate Lawyer
1. I was born in Burnaby and grew up in East Vancouver – No, I am definitely not bragging.
2. I am the youngest of three sisters – We are super close and I would do anything for them (I hope this doesn’t get used against me one day).
3. When I was 16, I represented British Columbia in the Miss India-Canada Pageant.
4. When I was in high school I was working on my art portfolio so that I could apply to The Emily Carr College of Art – it didn’t happen!
5. My weakness is chocolate. I have to have my “fix” everyday!
6. I lived in Mumbai, India for six months and landed myself some modeling contracts. My biggest contracts were with Coca Cola and Nestle chocolate.
7. I was originally called to the Bar in Alberta.
8. Before returning to BC, I took a six week job selling deer repellant so that I could travel across the United States and go to cities that I would probably never visit otherwise.
9. I met my husband at a Calgary Stampede party.
10. As part of my MBA, I took a class titled “Marketing in China” only because I wanted to go climb the Great Wall of China. Three Wonders of the World down, four more to go!
11. I lived in Houston, Texas for four years where I had my beautiful boys and met some of my closest friends!
12. I survived Hurricane Ike!
13. I lived in Ottawa for a year and enjoyed skating on the Rideau Canal and eating beaver tails.
14. I love decorating cakes and almost always decorate the cakes for my kid’s birthdays!
15. I find myself to be a thrill seeker – I hang glided in Rio de Janeiro from the top of a mountain on to a beach. I hope to sky dive in the near future!