Jeffrey Hartman, Litigation Manager
1. I’ve played guitar for 16 years
2. My main guitar is an early 00 Fender Telecaster in sunburst. Maple neck. One of the smoothest necks I’ve ever played. The guitar has been to hell and back and it still works. I’ve thrown it and it still works. The output jack keeps falling out and it still works. When you turn the volume knob down the guitar gets louder. I love this guitar
3. My second guitar is a white Fender Stratocaster that started its life as a right handed guitar. At some point someone flipped it upside down to be played left handed, so it’s like Hendrix’s white guitar except the mirror image.
4. I play through a 4 x 10 Fender Deville tube amp. The floor shakes at 2. It goes up to 12.
5. My pedal board (L-R): Boss Tuner, Boss Digital Delay, Boss Distortion, EHX Little Big Muff Pi, EXH Small Clone Chorus, Dunlap Crybaby Wah.
6. I recently bought a large 70s organ type keyboard.
7. I devour albums and listen to music all the time. I listen to styles of music I don’t even really like just to learn from it, like Street Songs by Rick James and Fire on the Bayou by The Meters, both of which I listen to a lot. My favourite albums right now are Here and Nowhere Else by Cloud Nothings (cool), Temple of the Dog (less cool) and Apple by Mother Love Bone (definitely not cool)
8. I’m trying to start a grunge band (definitely not cool)
9. My first cassette was Our Lady Peace – Clumsy, I was in grade 6. My first CD was Oasis – What’s the Story Morning Glory. I think I was 9 or so.
10. I used to live down the street from the Supreme Court of Canada.
11. I used to drink beer on the steps of the Supreme Court of Canada and tell my friends I’d argue a case there some day (definitely not cool).
12. My favourite client worked at a brewery and always brought me beer.
13. I’ve lived in London, Ottawa, Calgary, Victoria, and Vancouver.
14. A very small percentage of people understand my sense of humour. An even smaller percentage find me funny.
15. I like working at Hart Legal.