Jamie Davies, Executive Assistant
1. I am definitely a coffee snob. I can’t get my day started without a half sweet vanilla latte each morning. It has to be perfect: piping hot, just enough sweetness and strong espresso. I’ve been all over the city for coffee and my favorite is still Picnic, right around the corner from work.
2. You could say I am a shopaholic. It didn’t come naturally though, I definitely had to work at it. As the years have passed, my taste has gotten more expensive and more expensive. I come home with bags hidden in my workout backpack so my husband doesn’t bust me. Then I rip the tags off and hang them in my closet like they have always been there. He definitely knows when I pull out something new but most of the time doesn’t say anything too much so he must be ok with our little game….
3. I’m a terrible reader – I don’t know what it is? I’m not sure if it’s because I can’t find a book that will hold my attention long enough to really get into or if I just can’t seem to find the time to sit down long enough these days. There are a million other things that I could be doing! I think that I finished one book since I was forced to in school. Maybe two? The last book I remember enjoying was “The Great Gatsby”, which I read in college because I was forced to. Great book though.
4. My husband and sister would both call me an extremely emotional and a very sensitive person. I think that it is a great quality but most of the time they would say that it’s, or I, am a little exhausting.
5. My favorite food is sushi. I LOVE sushi. I’m currently pregnant with my second child and haven’t had raw fish in months – I’m dying. Ok, maybe I have I cheated once…. well maybe twice….
6. I have a 22 month old son and am almost 6 months pregnant with my second child. I worried at the beginning that I wouldn’t be a great mother. Both my sister and my mom are amazing mothers, and I never thought that I would live up to them. I was wrong, I now think that I am a doing a pretty good job at this mother thing. Definitely still learning but it’s really impossible not to be great when you love something in this world more than life itself.
7. I love to bungee jump. I’ve been 4 or 5 times. The first time I went was the day of my graduation. Nine of my girlfriends and I ditched school on the last day and drove up island to celebrate entering the next stage in our lives. The rush is amazing. I’ve even gone backwards.
8. I have 2 tattoos. My second tattoo I got on my 30th birthday. My sister and I were in Venice Beach and decided on a whim to get each other’s initials tattooed on the back of our necks. I forget about it sometimes because I rarely see it, but when I do I love it. We had just had an amazing trip together in LA – some great memories.
9. Every Sunday, 4 couples, plus their children get together for a potluck family dinner. We rotate houses each week and the hosting couple does the main, the guests bring the sides. It is my favorite tradition and I look forward to it each week. Although I do have to say, I love it more when it’s not at my house and on the Sunday that my husband doesn’t have to work so he does the cooking.
10. I never travelled after high school, I started working right away. I didn’t miss out though. With my job I have been able to travel to places like Miami, London, Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York, to name a few. And in first class style – my boss is the best traveller ever. We have had so many fun adventures together.
11. I am definitely not a morning person…. or a night person. I usually go to bed before 10PM and could sleep until 11AM if I didn’t have a 2 year old that woke up at 6AM. I swear, he is going to be the death of me.
12. The person I admire most in life is my sister. She is sensitive and caring, a truly unique person. She has taught me so many things over the years and I am very grateful to be able to also call her my best friend.
13. On the weekend (if I weren’t pregnant), you would find me hanging out with my family at home, with my husband making an incredible meal and the 2 of us sharing a fantastic bottle of wine and playing with our son. We still do that on weekends, although the sparkling water just doesn’t seem to cut it. However, it has allowed me to work on my wine collection – it doesn’t disappear so fast these days.
14. My favorite food is ice cream. I love ice cream. All kinds: I can’t say that I have a favorite. I really don’t eat it much anymore but when I do, I have an extra large bowl and I totally allow myself to enjoy it.
15. My husband and I met at a Matthew Good Band concert. I had definitely seen him around before but that was the first time we actually talked. I think that I made an impression though, although I don’t remember chatting all that long, he still talks about that first meeting. That was 13 years ago.