Marlon Murr, Regional Operations Manager & Client Relations
1. I have played many sports including, hockey (for 16 years), football, soccer, baseball, lacrosse, and golf. Hockey was by far my favorite.
2. My nickname in hockey was “Shiner 39er”. I had a black eye (shiner) for a solid 3 weeks. I would love to say that it was because of a big hockey fight… but in reality I bumped heads with a friend, quite hard. 39 was my jersey number.
3. My favorite “tropical” vacation was to San Pedro, Belize with family friends who were born there. We went fishing about two hours away from land. Their idea of fishing was jumping off the boat and catching things with your hands and/or spear. It was amazing; we could walk in the middle of the ocean. We caught 14 lobsters, many fish, and even an octopus. That night we made a big ceviche for dinner
4. I have never been to another province in Canada, but have been to many states in the U.S.A.
5. I was once invited to a private BMW, MINI, and Audi driving event in Vancouver. At the event they put us behind the wheel of some of their best performance vehicles. My favorite was the Audi R8 Spyder.
6. I prefer Pepsi over Coca-Cola.
7. I have been to 5 Jay-Z concerts. One in Kelowna (centre front stage), four in Vancouver. At one of the concerts Jay-Z himself talked directly to me and my face was up on the big screens, pretty awesome moment.
8. I was a vegetarian for a moment in my life, a very brief moment. I went shopping and bought a week’s worth of vegetarian friendly food (random tofu things). That night when I got home, I was invited out for dinner to Gotham Steakhouse in Vancouver, somewhere you don’t pass up an invitation to. Let’s just say I wasn’t a vegetarian that night.
9. I live by myself in downtown Vancouver, worth every penny.
10. I don’t eat breakfast. I usually don’t eat until lunch time. Yes, I know… Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Tell my stomach that.
11. I have never broken a bone in my body… until three weeks ago. The saddest thing, it wasn’t even anything interesting. I slipped and fell on a wet floor and broke my hand.
12. My aspiration in life is to one day join the Vancouver Police Department.
13. It’s safe to say that I am a potato fanatic… I eat them with almost every meal.
14. In the past 12 months I have been through 9 iPhone 5’s……… don’t ask.
15. I am not a fan of talking about myself, I would rather ask you all the questions.